Roast Vegetable Couscous
This lovely photo was snapped for us by Elizabeth - she create this recipe for roasted vegetable and pesto couscous. Elizabeth runs a lovely food blog https://www.chutneybetty.co.uk/
Made using any vegetables you like, this is a good way to use up some of those you have lurking in the bottom of the fridge which may have seen a better day! For this recipe I used red and orange peppers, a red onion, 2 courgettes and 2 large vine tomatoes, but aubergine, carrots and mushrooms are all options too.
I have added smoked griddled tofu, feta or chicken to the top of this salad before to make it more substantial. Go wild and discover your own additions! This salad will keep in the fridge in a sealed container for 3-4 days.
- 250g dried couscous
- 300ml hot vegetable stock
- 1 pouch of The Fresh Sauce Company Green Pesto Sauce
- 1 red and 1 orange pepper, de-seeded and sliced
- 2 courgettes chopped into large chunks
- 1 red onion, sliced
- 2 large vine tomatoes, quartered
- 2 cloves garlic roughly chopped
- Fresh basil to garnish
- Sesame seeds and pumpkin seeds to sprinkle
Place all the chopped vegetables and garlic onto an open roasting tray or baking sheet and drizzle over the olive oil. Mix well using your hands so the oil coats all the ingredients.
- Roast in a hot oven for 20-30 minutes until the vegetables are brown and caramelised. Remove from the oven.
- Mix the sachet of fresh pesto into a large serving bowl with the stock made from boiling water.
- Add the couscous and stir to mix.
- Quickly cover the bowl with clingfilm to keep the steam in and allow to stand for 10 minutes.
- Uncover the couscous and discard the clingfilm. Stir in your roasted vegetables and mix well before garnishing with the sesame and pumpkin seeds and fresh basil.