Spinach, Chorizo and Red Pesto Penne
We love this simple pasta dish - a twist on the classic pesto pasta with spicy chorizo. Serve with garlic bread on the side for an easy midweek supper.
- 250g dried penne pasta
- 100g spinach
- 100g chorizo
- 150g cherry tomatoes (halved)
- 1 pack red pesto
- Heat a large pan of salted water. When the water has reached a rolling boil, add the dried pasta and cook according to the instructions on the packet (usually 10-12 minutes) until the pasta is ‘al dente’ (still slightly firm).
- Meanwhile, add the halved cherry tomatoes with a little oil to a frying pan and cook for 3 minutes. Add the chorizo and cook for a further 2-3 minutes. Add the spinach and continue cooking for 2-3 minutes until wilted.
- Drain the cooked pasta, but retain a few tablespoons of the water the pasta was cooked in. Return the pasta to the saucepan along with the water.
- Add the red pesto to the cooked pasta and stir through then add the spinach, tomatoes and chorizo to the pasta and mix well to combine.